Thursday, October 25, 2018

I Like #89

Getting off to a late start today-  I had an all morning meeting and didn't get organized with my post ahead of time.  This has been a stressful week, but still some things to be glad about.

1.  I like my fall plants.  These are the same as last week only everything is a bit more colorful.  The dahlia is hanging in there,  it got a bit happier earlier in the week when the rain stopped for two days in a row, but of course now it's been raining again for two more days.  My Sam bush and tree are really colorful right now, and my mums are getting more and more blooms. 

2. I like reading new books!  I read these two this week, they're both short funny essays about quilting by Megan of the Bitchy Stitcher.  Definitely made me smile.  I'm also about halfway through the Distant Mirror which is about 14th century France and I'm awfully glad I don't live then/there.




3.  I like starting new projects.  I got going on my next big illuminated manuscript quilt this week.  This will be a long-term project but it feels good to be going.

4.  I like my pups!  They've been crazy this week-- Blue broke through the fence during the morning on Tuesday,  luckily someone in the neighborhood snagged him and called me at work.  Even more luckily, Bentley just stayed home snoozing on the sofa; he didn't care there was a giant hole in the fence.  So of course I spent yesterday evening fixing the fence in the rain.  And poor Bentley had another one of his intermittent seizure episodes in the middle of the night two nights ago which always causes lots of chaos, but he's fine now.

5.  I like fixing things inexpensively.  My dryer quit drying clothes and I was really worried that I'd need a new dryer, but I thought I'd go ahead and clean out the ductwork.  I had some issues in the attic and on the roof, but I did get the ductwork cleaned out for only the cost of a $20 brush from amazon, and now the dryer works!!  Also, there were twelve tons of lint.




Thanks to LeeAnna for keeping us positive!



2 comments:

  1. Your mums are sure pretty! Blue looks like he is feeling a bit guilty, lol! Good for you for the successful DIY dryer vent cleaning - those kinds of things aren't fun, but getting them done is so satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yikes to the fence hole, the anxious blue dog, and the lint! I know our dryer is full of lint in the duct but it's upstairs, and I don't know where the duct goes or how to get to it. We got a lint lizard and it got out a lot but I know there are 12 tons hiding in there. Good for you, what a week! The lettering is sure beautiful. Paint? Ink?

    ReplyDelete