Thursday, October 18, 2018

I Like #88

Welcome to another list of things to like.  This was a fairly quiet week, I spent the weekend mostly cleaning and cooking, but I did have some time for fun stuff on Sunday afternoon.

1.  I like the pups!!  Bentley thought there might be a morsel of cake left on may plate and thought he could sneakily crawl over the end table to snatch it.  I guess I should work with him on manners!  He and Blue are such sweeties.



2.  I made lots of good progress on my knitted socks this week.  I had people over for dinner and movie watching Saturday night and a couple of them sat on the couch snuggling with the dogs which left me free for knitting.  The feet are finished, I got the toes kichenered together last night and am working on the opening to start working up the leg.  Fun!




3.  Folks at work are getting in on the plant action and now we have a little mini-elevator lobby-conservatory.  I love seeing all the different plants.  We now even have basil and peppers.



4.  Fall is definitely here,  it's been super super rainy and everything is disgustingly soggy and muddy, but the last two days have been cool with no rain, so that's good.  My Sam bush is turning it's delightful fall red, and at the moment, the Bullet bush is still alive.  You can hardly see it there in the foreground, it's just a bunch of sticks, but there are green leaves right on the top.  Hopefully it will live through the winter.



5. And finally, nothing much is really blooming outside right now except my fall mums!  I'm so happy the have flowers, they've just started opening, so hopefully there will be more.  My dahlia is covered in buds but it's been so cool and super wet, I'm not sure they'll ever open.




Happy week to everyone and thanks to LeeAnna for linking us up!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! I had LOL when I saw Bentley licking the plate. Can't blame a dog for enjoying every last morsel. And then he was playing where's Bentley - that's Dominic's favorite game as he's peeking out of his open fingers. FUN! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. "does this butt shot make me look big? "
    Opportunists... I imagine in dog worlds, walking away even for a moment from food means you're done and it's open season! Those two are adorable together and good company for you. I LOVE that there are plants joining the group. Clean air! Pretty color and texture to see when getting off the elevators. You have spread the idea and others are following! That's a great source of light to support them too, so the winter will be greener for all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Bentley under the blanket. I enjoyed having plants in the office. Some of them came home with me when we moved to home office. Those socks are colorful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great assortment of plants. I really like your socks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always share great pictures of your dogs, Shannon - they have such personality! You have some pretty fall color, too. Ours was interrupted by the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have a dedicated plate cleaner too! I guess people food is so enticing. Love your knitting and miss it. Also love how the plants in the workplace have flourished. Great idea.

    ReplyDelete