Thursday, May 28, 2020

I Like #166

Welcome to another week of things to like!

I like having comfy fabric masks!  I kept four for myself to wear at work, and I much prefer them to the elastic band surgical masks (we don't interact with any patients at all so surgical masks aren't necessary in our lab).  As someone who loves color, it's a fun (and also horrible to be necessary) chance for more color.  This first one is my favorite.  I don't always wear the same earrings day after day, but I've discovered that my dangly earrings get tangled in the mask straps.






I love reducing the mud!! The backyard is so so muddy, the dogs have made three or four pathways to their favorite bark spots.  We're in the rainy season here, and the mud and mud ponds are just horrific.   My sister recently redid her backyard and kindly saved all the pavers they pulled up.  She brought me the first batch this weekend.  There's still lots of mud left, but we made a good start.  It was also wonderful to see her after so much time isolated.




Luckily Blue's friend Auto came along with Becky, so they had fun playing together.  Blue was a bit sad that Auto got his place on the sofa, so he decided to sit on top of the cushion so all three dogs would fit on the sofa.

Not sure why Bentley decided to lie down on the sewing machine,  it can't possibly be comfortable.


And Auto decided to cur up on the hearth!  None of my many dogs have ever thought to get up there, but Auto hopped right up and curled up!



 I like hiking!  We took the dogs out and found a nice new trail with no people and not far from home!  It was a lovely hike, but unfortunately Blue got very tick-covered.  He was so sad that we manhandled him afterwards to get rid of all the ticks and then gave him a tick bath.  He hates baths, but I think he is now tick free.  I guess that will be a no-dogs hike going forward!


I had Monday off from work and got to do a bunch of quilting, here's a sneak peek of the project I'm working on now.  I'm about finished with it, so I'll hopefully post about it soon.


I also blogged this week about my complicated cabled shawl.  It was my first time doing cables in knitting, and I'm so happy with how it came out.  You can see more of that project here.


Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!!





7 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! Nice job on the pavers. They sure look nice and they have to make a dent in the muddy paw prints and overall mud baths. HAHA! Blue, that was pretty darn ingenious to sit on top of the cushion. I would think that fireplace hearth would be nice and cool from the bricks so Auto is pretty darn smart, I think! Your quilting looks fabulous as does your shawl. Take care! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. With dogs a muddy backyard would be a pain for sure. I love that photo of you and the dogs on the sofa. I'm guessing the hearth was cool to his furry body. I only knit cables once and that was fake cables made with a certain combination of stitches. It was a little complicated but turned out nice for a baby blanket. I wonder if I could do it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great masks! I love seeing all the different designs people come up with. Blue being creative! Bentley: you can't sew while I'm here! lol. Ooh - pretty quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh- love your cable knitting piece! And, what beautiful stitching on that quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness you are busy! Love your masks! Love your new project and admire that you have conquered cables in knitting!!! The dogs made me laugh, especially Auto on the sewing machine! Maybe he likes it because your scent is on it? Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shawl is gorgeous. I need to make more masks. Do you like the fitted type one in the last picture better than the pleated? Your quilting always looks awesome. Ugh ticks! The dogs places to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love your photos of your dogs - they certainly love their people, and are very creative about where they nap! Glad you enjoyed some time with your sister. Great job on those masks, too!

    ReplyDelete