Thursday, January 7, 2021

I Like #195

 Well maybe the best thing to like about today is that we got through the appalling wretchedness of yesterday. 

I returned from my parents' on Sunday so this week has been a combination of the last few days of vacation and then the tumult of back to work.  My windshield got a crack on the way to NM, and last night my garage door opener broke (my fault I think), so now I'm dealing with those two things.

We were able to take a last hike the day before I left.  It was cold and brisk with gorgeous NM blue skies.  We hiked out near Fort Stanton, a place with a long and varied history, but the hike went by some abandoned/ruined parts of the fort I'd never been to.  Apparently during the second world war there was a German POW camp here (the buildings seen below), and very sadly, an internment camp for Japanese Americans.  

The hike itself was lovely with beautiful mountain views and an iced over stream. A good way to end a nice (if very unusual) Christmas holiday.




When I got home to my pile of mail I discovered this adorable crocheted Rudolph bookmark from my friend Rahel in Switzerland.  He reminds me a little of Max from the Grinch!  She's super sweet to have sent it, and it certainly brightened my day after a long boring drive.


The pups did fine on the trip home and are doing well.  I didn't snap any in-focus pictures of them this week; lots of cuteness but no good posing.  Spooky has discovered he's big enough to jump up on the bed, so when I let him out of his crate in the morning as soon as he potties he wants to get right up in bed with me.  I'm pretty adamant about no dogs in the bed, so we just all get up. 

After I took down the Christmas decorations I re-hung some different quilts over the piano.  This is one of the main walls where I hang rotating quilts and I thought these two ecology-inspired pieces would look good there together.


I also got a couple of 2020 year-in-review blog posts up.  It's all stuff you've seen before, but in case you feel like a browse through my projects of the past year, you can see the art quilts here, and other things here.





I hope you are all staying safe and healthy!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!


4 comments:

  1. thank you for standing strong today, for reminding us of goodness
    Love, LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a goofy bookmark! Love it. I've been admiring your year in review. Beautiful stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a beautiful and interesting hike in NM! Love that beautiful blue sky! Sorry you came home to things that need to be fixed, though. What a cute bookmark, and love seeing your reviews of 2020 projects, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pictures of your hikes. I need my garage door opener replaced. It died a few years ago. Glad my door isn't too heavy, but would be a lot easier than getting in and out of the car to get access. You have such beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete