Thursday, February 24, 2022

I Like #246

 Welcome to another week of things to like! 

We're having an ice storm right now, but luckily so far there haven't been widespread power outages in our area which is great.  Of course ice storms mean work-from-home, and that comes along with dogs-snoozing-by-the-desk.  I love when they're calm.


I had a lovely weekend in Dallas with my sister's family,  that meant lots of playing with the kids, including a new-to-me game that I fell in love with called Azul.   It's a pretty game with easy to pick up game play and plenty of strategy to keep you engaged.  SO fun to see them all.  Of course a visit to see them wouldn't be complete without the guinea pigs and we had fun playing with them too.  Here's Coconut enjoying a lettuce.



I'm sewing on some organza leaves for a new project, I had to enclose my quilting setup in the dog playpen because Spooky kept rushing under and stepping on my foot pedal.  It was quite scary a couple times when he stood on it while I was maneuvering the fabric near the needle so he's been banished from that specific area.


I've been working on my bejeweled pincushion embroidery-along with Mary Corbett.  It's a good low-stress project, but we're coming up on the beading part and I have to find somewhere local to buy the beads because everything in my stash is too big.



Spooky is color coordinated to the chair he is currently chewing up.  It's one I got at a garage sale, so I'm not overly concerned, but he's been running around with these bits of ruffle that match his fur.  


I blogged this week about my new boxelder bug quilt, and last week about my two SAQA auction donation quilts (also using remnants from the boxelder bug project), and it was fun to share about those.  Click through to see more about each of those projects.



I hope you guys are finding good things in this still wintery time!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!


3 comments:

  1. Isn't Azul fun?!? Coconut is adorable. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon! Love the pictures and Coconut! How cute. What did the dogs think about Coconut? Great solution for saving your sewing machine setup!! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete