Thursday, August 3, 2023

I Like 310

 Welcome to another week of things to like!  I missed last week, not for any particularly major reason, just because I got to Thursday and completely forgot it was Thursday.  So here's a double sum up of good things!


Weekend before last, I spent hours and hours and hours prepping and cleaning and cooking the crabapples.  Don't worry, I cut out all the worms.  This one looked to me just like the illustrations of worms in apples in Richard Scarry's books.



The kitchen was very hot and very sticky, but I got all the fruit processed, and then this week/weekend I made apple butter, jelly, syrup, and fruit leather (and some delicious dried tomatoes),   I wound up with 170 canned jars of jelly/syrup/apple butter.  It's a lot of work, but so delicious, and I look forward to sharing it with people here.


This is the fruit leather, all rolled up.



On Saturday, my good friend Melody and I took our annual trip to the Kellyville Fiber festival.  We had a lovely time and of course I bought some yarn.  I actually think I'm going to knit it up and use it in a quilt.



In spite of the relentless heat, the garden is staying alive.  Some dahlia varieties seem to do better than others when it gets his hot. I need to get some notes taken down so I know which ones to grown next year.  I also have a couple varieties that don't really make good stems so they're hard for cutting gardens.




The pups are doing fine,  Spooky was trying to help me in the studio as I've been working on this other yarn-based project which involves subtle color shifting pom poms.




I hope there are some good things in your week this week.  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like.









3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is a lot of canning! How lovely to be able to share it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL - that does look straight out of Richard Scarry! Wow, that's a crazy amount of preserves. Good job! Flowers. Pups. And pom-poms. What fun. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a lot of jelly/butter processed. Huge job! I cooked a batch of chokecherries today. Four cups of fruit looks like it will give me 2 cups of juice. Not much jelly will come of that! Hmmm??

    ReplyDelete