Thursday, August 24, 2023

I Like #313

 Welcome to another week of things to like!


It's been very very hot here, and I had to work all weekend last weekend, so I don't have any particular exciting things to like.  

As always the pups are a lifesaver, so snuggly.  Spooky has been vigorously chewing on his favorite orange ball lately.


The garden is not happy.  The zuchinni is completely dead.  The tomatoes and jalapeƱos are still doing ok, but many of the flowers look like this.  Does anyone else have this problem?  By midsummer they burn up (or get brown/black) before they've even opened fully (or at all).  Any suggestions?


Was pleased to see this guy out there-  hope he eats lots of bugs!!




One funny story from this week.  We have a lovely new interim rector at our church, and come to find out she went to Sewanee (my alma mater).  In talking with her, we realized that she was there at the same time as I was, she was in the School of Theology while i was in the College of Arts and Sciences and we graduated the same year.  Not only that, but her daughter was at the College of Arts and Sciences (also in my year, also now with a PhD in science) and turns out was right next to me in our senior college yearbook!!  Crazy crazy!


And I've been on a locked room mystery kick lately, and I've just finished a couple of good audiobooks in that genre: Riley Sager's The Only One Left and Shari Lapena's An Unwanted Guest.  I liked the only one left a little more, I thought the twists and turns and clues were better, but both were fun. 

Hope there are some good things happening in your world!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!














1 comment:

  1. Congrats being on The Quilt Show! That is so awesome. My garden didn't do very well this year either. sad

    ReplyDelete