Thursday, March 4, 2021

I Like #203

Welcome to another week of things to like.

I was lucky enough to see my sister and the kids this weekend.  I didn't take very many pictures, and we didn't go anywhere, but we had tons of fun playing games with the kids at home and doing other fun stuff like playing with the super sweet rats Cotton and Puffy.  My pups ignore the rats (while they're in their cage) but apparently my sister's mother-in-law's dog does not.  They were staying with my sister during the big winter storm and their small shih tsu Okie apparently really agitated the rats (even though he's quite small and their cage is large and off the ground), so the rats kept throwing bedding through the bars of their cage at Okie until he went away.



We went for a nice walk in my sister's neighborhood and saw this pretty heron (he's right in the middle of the picture a little toward the bottom center of that pond)


I found this fun old picture of me and my sister with my dad at Dad-daughter week at Camp Mary White (girl scout camp) back in around 1987.  I loved going to camp there.


My pups are all good, just as snuggly as ever and of course had fun with Becky's pups.  They were snoozing all nestled together right before I took this picture, but of course as soon as I even twitched toward the camera they sat up.


This is one of my favorite instagram accounts- always fun thoughts from Dog, and this week the dog with the zoomies reminded me so much of Spooky (who often gets the zoomies).



Here's a cool historical find from this week,  a newly uncovered marble floor in a roman-imperial era villa in France.  Beautiful color and pattern, very much square-in-a-square quilt blocks.

 http://www.thehistoryblog.com/archives/60832



I hope everyone is having a good week!  Click over to Lee Anna's for more things to like this week!

3 comments:

  1. You know very well Okie was talking smack to the rats, which is why they were getting mad and throwing stuff at him. LOL Sounds like a good time with your family. We always used to play games too. Yep Bobbin does the zoomies for about 30 minutes every day late in the afternoon. Takes out garbage cans, the design wall, bags of egg cartons, people. Nothing is safe. Funny that as soon as you reach for the camera they are up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute rats! Love the camp photo. Dog zoomies sound like guinea pig zoomies. lol Those tiles are beautiful - thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that marble floor and in fact, there seems to be more unusual discoveries around the globe. I guess the lessening of the ice has been a factor in some areas. It gives you new appreciation for the skills of these earlier people.
    That's funny about the rats and their reaction to the smallest dog. So happy to read about your happy times with your family. Great photo of you girls and your dad and I like the one of happy you too. I was a Girl Guide and we went to camp each year but never did the Dad thing.

    ReplyDelete