Thursday, March 11, 2021

I Like #204

Welcome to another week of things to like.  

This was a busy week at work and home, but the weather is getting nicer and spring definitely feels like it's here (though late freezes are always a possibility).

I had a fun outfit this week, great knitwear and colorful leggings so I thought I'd try a rare selfie.


This really cool moth was hanging out outside my studio the other evening.  If anyone knows what he is, I'd love to hear.


My copy of Discovering Dahlias  arrived this week.  I've had it on pre-order forever and I'm so excited it's come.  It's by Erin from Floret Flowers who is one of my favorite dahlia growers and breeders.  The book is gorgeous, filled with glorious flower pictures but also tons of info on growing and breeding dahilas, so I can't wait to dive in.



Here's a youtube video of me talking about one of my quilts that is currently part of the SAQA show Beyond the Mirror if you're interested to hear about my thinking and motivations.


I love love love the patchwork landscapes of artist Rebecca Vincent.  I encourage you to check out her site here.







I hope everyone is having a good week.  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like! 

5 comments:

  1. Those leggings are pretty cool! Not sure what kind of moth that is, but it's an interesting one! Fun to see and hear your video, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Like your outfit...love your patchwork
    landscape...so pretty. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome leggings and beautiful shawl. What fun! You've been sharing the coolest antiquities and art lately. Thanks! It's been fun to check those out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The dahlia book looks like a good one for you! Hope you have great luck with your dahlias this year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I watched your video and enjoyed hearing about the creation and thought process behind your self reflection piece. I also enjoyed the part about adding color to a dark palette.

    ReplyDelete