Thursday, June 17, 2021

I Like #217

 Welcome to another week of things to like!

I'm excited to announce that I was the artist-in-residence on the latest episode of the Quilting Arts Podcast.  Vivika DeNegre and Susan Brubaker Knapp invited me on to talk about art and science and we had a great conversation.  It was really fun to get to talk about things that I get really excited about, and the conversation wandered into some interesting places.  You can get it wherever you get your podcasts, or listen directly here.  Thanks so much to the QA Podcast crew for the super kind invitation!


I like my apples.  Unfortunately so does spooky.  He discovered this week that they are fun to play with and eat.  The tree is very small and now he's pulled off pretty much all of them.  I tried to take away as many as I could (since they're unripe) but of course he got at least one that I know of and probably some others.  Oh well.  It's been several days now and he doesn't seem to have any ill effects.  He's recovering well from being neutered, and doesn't seem too interested in licking or bothering the wound, so that's a blessing too.  Unfortunately, he chewed a giant hole in one of my brand new hand knit socks (pulled it out of the hamper) and the other one has completely disappeared, so I'm not thrilled about that.




Spooky has been stealing the main space on the sofa lately, so Blue has been perching on the back more often.




Cotton the super sweet rat is still staying with me; luckily she has finished her medication and has had her bandage ninja vest removed, so I think she's a bit happier.


No flower pictures this week, but my first tomatoes were ripe, which made me very excited.  The plants have grown very large, so that's fun.  They were quite tasty!


I finally got to blog this week about a couple of small projects I finished up a while ago, my SAQA 12x12 square for this year and a small wallet I made.  Click over here to see more.







6 comments:

  1. OMG your tomatoes are ripe??? (jealous) mine haven't sprouted yet! Spooky eating apples... or tree balls as dogs know them. I am so impressed by your talents, but to be recognized by quilting arts is wonderful achievement. (proud of you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on being on the podcast, Shannon! I will have to listen to that. Spooky looks like such a character, but a lovable one, I bet! Ripe tomatoes ready to pick - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool to be in a podcast! I can't believe that Spooky seems to get into more trouble than Blue does. Whiskery, pointy rat nose! How cute! Oh, those tomatoes look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an honor that your work is recognized and you were asked to be the guest on the podcast. Congratulations. I did check back to see that donation art piece -- WOWZER! Gorgeous! You did a magnificent job quilting it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the podcast! I recently picked up a copy of Quilting Arts, and while reading through it, came across an article of yours. That was pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite an achievement...to be featured Shannon. I will listen to it. You look so pretty in your photo too.
    Things are growing well in garden and the dogs are all fine too. We have neutering ahead of us with Ned. Like that the little Rat is doing well also.

    ReplyDelete