Thursday, December 2, 2021

I Like #235

 It's been a really chaotic couple of weeks, but amid the work stress I fit in a quick trip to my family in New Mexico which was really wonderful and refreshing.  My parents are kindly keeping Spooky and Blue since my house will be re-tiled next week.  I miss them very much, the house is so calm with just Bentley, but I think he likes the peace.


As usual, we did lots of walking/hiking while I was there.  The dogs love it.

In Lincoln National Forest




Higher up in the mountains in the National Forest we went and hunted Christmas trees with my parents and cousins.  I didn't bring one back this year, but we got one for my parents and uncle.


The view from the Christmas tree hunting area.


My dad split wood and I helped haul it.  Hopefully they'll have enough for the winter, it's been so warm lately I think they will


Driving down into the surrounding desert to see my Grandma and more dog walking!



Mom and I made some cute baskets out of the wonderful artist postcards we collect.



I helped mom get her Christmas lights up (Dad hates that task)

And I got the lights up at my house.  I love the festive glow.




We had a hard freeze in OK over Thanksgiving (of course all this week it's been horribly warm, today is going to be 78!!).  The freeze killed everything except my beloved petunias.  So glad they were hearty enough to live through! I have some white ones that are still going too!


I'm not having an indoor tree this year because of the tiling project, but I set up this small tree that belonged to my grandmother on my back porch.  It provides some lovely sparkle on my porch.  I might move it inside after the tiling is done.  Makes me happy to see it, and think of my grandma!


Bentley is getting extra snuggles, he's really been struggling to get around lately.


Beautiful trees on the walk into work


It's such a blessing to have my family to support me while I struggle with things at work.  I'm so grateful for them.  For more things to like click over to LeeAnna's!




3 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon! Holy moly, that walkway to walk is GORGEOUS!! So glad you got to spend Thanksgiving with family. They make all the difference, don't they. Stay safe and take care. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of good stuff! I can see why the dogs loved those walks. Neat bowls. Love the lights, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You enjoyed some lovely walks with your family, and I love the lights at your home and theirs. Hope the tiling project goes well and the pups are back with you soon!

    ReplyDelete