Thursday, December 9, 2021

I Like #236

 Things are in complete chaos here- they started the tiling project in my house this week, and so far it's going well but very very slowly.  Bentley is a little confused, we are without a kitchen (though hopefully that will be back by tomorrow), and mostly living out of the studio which is so crammed with things from the house that you can't really work out there.  But progress is ongoing, and it's a blessing that Spooky and Blue are at my mom's.  

Here is Spooky and Blue and Swatch napping with my dad.  The might not have needed a nap except that apparently Spooky and Blue have been getting my mom and dad up at 4AM.  Not good.


I loved the wrapped lights on this great tree!  Such a fun color combo!


We put up our Holiday decorations at work, this is just one, but it's such a fun tradition to every year get out the pretend hearth.  Everyone who works in the area has a stocking with their name.


My friend and I went to hear the Messiah this weekend and it was just glorious.  Really a wonderful outing, and we were on an aisle at the front row of the top balcony so we didn't feel too crammed in with people.


Bentley wanted some of my dinner.


Tiling in progress!


I love seeing him curled up on the poof.  He's been so confused by all this, but hanging in there just fine!!



I hope you're having some good things in your life (Bentley is always a good thing in mine), and to hear about more things to like, click over to LeeAnna's.


6 comments:

  1. Oh your tile will be lovely when it is done. So the other boys are putting grandma and grandpa through their paces? LOL Such an awesome picture of the venue for The Messiah. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to do a pretend hearth at our workplace, too! It was one of the big things we looked forward to. When the office shut down and we went to home offices, there was another office that wanted it, so we shipped it to them. :-)

    That wrapped tree is spectacular. Your tiling looks great so far! And always love the puppers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. still going awe at bentley's face under the table. Those dogs are discombobulated! They might be hearing new noises outside at your parent's house? That tree is a dream, and I'd beg them to leave it up all year long

    ReplyDelete
  4. Handel's Messiah is the perfect way to enter the holiday season! I would love to see that! The picture of your Dad sacked out cracked me up. I sure know that feeling too. Wonder how that tree got wrapped so beautifully??!! Your flooring looks wonderful so far. Let's hope it's finished up by Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shannon! Aww, Bentley is so sweet. Wanna share that dinner? How could you say no with those eyes?!! I'm sorry about being woken up at 4 am but dang they all look so cute on the couch napping, don't they?!! I hope the rest of the tile project is painless and quick. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Your week reminds me of a book I’m reading – Sleigh Bells Ring. Everthing that could go wrong, did. But it looks like events worked out!
    The tile looks lovely! How cool is that ornament? Nicen view from the restaurant! Bentley does look a bit sad, how nice that he has you all for snuggles! Just look how he’s looking at you with lovelorn eyes! I love, love the lights! Really, they should stay up all year! Lovely that you could see the Messiah! I bet it was a beautiful evening!

    ReplyDelete