Thursday, December 16, 2021

I like #237

 This was a hard week.  The tiling was ongoing which made home chaotic, and the graduate education challenges continued at work making work chaotic, and then to top it all off I got in a car accident over the weekend and my car will be out of commission for a couple months at least.  Luckily no one was injured, my wonderful mom is going to lend me a car, my wonderful sister is going to let me ride with her to my mom's and they finished the tile.  So bright spots abounded amid the chaos.


The tile is finished!  I think it's great.  We still have to seal the grout, but my sister and I will do that this weekend.


I made this dancing mu ornament for my friend Brett- he's a structural geologist and apparently mu is his variable of choice (for friction).


Our department hosted a holiday lunch at the restaurant Vast.  I'd never been there before, it's on the 49th floor of the biggest building in our downtown, so it was fun to go there.  We had a nice private room for our luncheon.


I fell in love with these dinosaur Christmas inflatables.  Inflatables aren't usually my favorite decorations, but I loved these.


Lots of love for Bentley this week.  He's been wandering around lost a lot, and I think he's lonely, but he's getting around pretty well and enjoying snuggles with me.



I hope you are having some good things in your lives in this run up to the end of the year!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more goodness!


2 comments:

  1. The floor looks terrific! That ornament is adorable. Bummer about the car - I'm glad you're okay. Those dinosaurs are cute. Doggy snuggles - always a good thing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about the car accident, but so glad no one was injured. That ornament is very clever and fun. Give Bentley some snuggles for me - he's such a handsome fella.

    ReplyDelete