Thursday, April 14, 2022

I Like #253

 Welcome to another week of things to like!

Very scary news first though,  my parents' town, Ruidoso New Mexico is having a big wildfire right in the middle of town right now.  My parents are safe now and the fire is largely moving away from them but several thousand people have been evacuated and current estimates are that ~150 homes have burned down, including some belonging to friends of theirs.  It's so scary, and there are other similar fires burning in other parts of New Mexico right now too.  Please keep them in your thoughts, it's been so windy and dry.

I finished Termination Shock by Neal Stephenson this week and I thought it was very good.  Definitely recommend to anyone who is a fan of his writing. 

I don't get new music very often, but I did buy Brandi Carlile's newish (2021) album this week, In these Silent Days.  It's great,  I love her music.

In sorting through my phone pictures this week, I realized I have a couple of yummy small projects I finished in the last few weeks that I forgot to share!  

One is this small birthday banner I made for my Grandma who turned 93 in late March.  Love you Grandma!!  I'd been playing around a bunch with couching yarn on my longarm, so it was fun to do a small piece.  




I also made a small bag for my new laptop a little while back.  So far I'm not too pleased with the laptop but I like the bag.  It's made out of rainbow glitter vinyl and the inside is lined with this super fun rainbow lab glassware fabric.  It was very tough to turn, but I think it cam out nice.




I got a bunch of science stickers recently, and my very favorite was this adorable mole-in-a-beaker.  


The pups are doing fine, Spooky took the outer cover off the green dog bed, and then made blue sit on the empty cover while he sat on the inner cover (that was still filled with comfy dog bed).



So far my garden is doing absolutely zilch apart from the petunias (which fill in so nicely), but the dahlia seeds I started are doing well!  Here in a little while I'll plant them in the ground outside.


I hope everyone is hanging in there!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!




4 comments:

  1. dhalia seeds... hmmmm.... that's an idea. Love the pups and that tote! awesome colors
    glad your parents are safe so far but how scary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful banner. Wow, that vinyl bag is way far out! No forgetting that behind! My garden plantings are running hot and cold, too! Is your back yard at least not underwater?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scary about the fires! The wind has been ferocious in NM , CO, and WY lately! I love the mole-in-a-beaker sticker cause he’s so dang cute! I’m sure there is a science reference there, but I’m clueless! I just think it’s adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The laptop bag is cute. LOL Spooky is a very strong personality. The science sticker is very cute, and even the non brainy girl (me) got it. Your seedlings are coming along.

    ReplyDelete