Thursday, April 28, 2022

I Like #255

 Welcome to another week of things to like!

This has been a week of catching up on the home front which has been great.

I blogged about a quilt I finished a few weeks ago, you can more about it here


I was also pleased to have two pieces in shows that opened in Colorado this week.  My piece Cloud Rim: Summer 1991 is part of Evolutions at the Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum in Golden, and luckily my mom was able to attend the opening reception and two of our friends (pictured with mom below), Diana Fox and Bev Haring won big awards (CONGRATS!!!!!!!).


This is my mom with her piece



Mom and I also had pieces in the invitational show Slopes, Shapes, and Landscapes at the Lincoln Center in Fort Collins, and Mom was able to go by and see it too.  Both of these will be hanging for the next couple of months, so if you're in the area, stop in an check them out.








My piece, Topography II: Crest trail is there in the middle of that wall below.

That's one of my mom's quilts above on the left, and all three of the quilts below are hers.  She had quite a few pieces in the show.  I only had one, but I don't make identifiable landscapes all that often.



Lots of things are blooming, these small poppy things are outside my building at work.


In my garden the dahlias are just starting to come up, but my petunias are doing great.  Such a blast of bright color.


I got my garage cleaned out this week; in theory I'm supposed to be getting my car back sometime soon and we're in the middle of storm season so I needed to be able to get both my car and my mom's car in my garage until I can get her car back to her.


The boys are doing well, I did a fair amount of knitting this week and they both wanted me to stop and play.




I hope you're all having good things in your lives this week.  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!


2 comments:

  1. The art pieces, both yours and your mother's are gorgeous. I am envious of all your blooms, still too cold here. My grandson's call some dogs land seals, I think the photos show why. Great job cleaning out the garage. I keep mine cleaned out so that I can park my car when it snows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your entries! You and your mom do beautiful work. Blue! I always love to see photos of him. :-)

    ReplyDelete