Thursday, September 10, 2020

I Like #180

My sister, her kids, and my cousin Kelly who is living with them this semester to take care of the kids after they finish homeschool every day came up this weekend for a short visit.  We mostly stayed home, playing games, doing crafts, and playing with the dogs but we did go for an early morning hike on Saturday before it got too hot.  We went on a section of the lake trail I hadn't been on before and we didn't see a single other person which was great.  

Blue's friend Auto came up with Becky and they had a raucous good time rumpusing together which is fantastic.

I couldn't get Blue to sit nicely for a picture in front of the lake, so we have lake picture and Blue picture separately.




And of course whenever Alex is visiting, Bentley knows there will be extra placemat goodies.  He always licks backwards from underneath and it makes me giggle every time since usually all you see is his tongue wrapping around the table (second pic)




I saw this cool grasshopper in my dahlia this week, not as colorful as the one last week, but right in the center of the big pink flower.


I blogged this week about a wonderful busy book my mom made for Becky and me in the early 80s,  click here to see more about it.



I really enjoyed this short article about a beautiful Roman mosaic being discovered/uncovered at an Italian villa.  It's amazing how intact it is after so many years buried!


I hope you are all hanging in there and staying safe.  Click over to Lee Anna's for more things to like!


11 comments:

  1. blue just loves his pal... the lake is pretty. We've had a bumper crop of grasshoppers this year, flying right at us on night walks. Now that we had a hard freeze, I hope they all made it. Milo barkumes up after I have dinner too...always worth a look he says

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I've missed the fact that you are near a beautiful lake; lucky you! That Bentley is a sneak. Dogs can be so entertaining!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Mom's busy book! Blue looks so happy!!! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Shannon1. I always love to see the pups and this week you outdid yourself. Bentley going for the food scraps and spillage is just TOO funny. What a beautiful lake you live near! And how great that you could have some family company for the holiday weekend. Stay safe! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh isn't Blue the happiest looking dog in that photo. I had to laugh out loud at the tongue on the table photo. Dogs are amusing, aren't they. Grasshoppers have been very plentiful here this summer and I love seeing them. How nice you got together with family...enjoyable times and memories for all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to share Bentleys tongue photo with my DH! Oh, he thought it was hilarious! Looks like you all had a lovely hike around the lake! So calm! And last but not least...the busy book! You mom was an amazingly talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Big grasshopper on a flower is not what I expected to find on the "like" list. They have rally eaten my garden leaves. THe lake photo is beautiful and serene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The dog tongue made me really laugh. Great pic of the lake and Blue. Sounds like a fun visit. Great likes as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a pretty lake you have to hike by, Shannon! Blue looks like a very happy guy. And the picture of Bentley's tongue up on the table is such a hoot! He definitely thinks nobody notices. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing the article about the Roman mosaic - fascinating! Your walk must have been lovely, from the look of that pretty photo. Blue is handsome, as always. Love the tongue - ha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue looks happy. What a great shot of that grasshopper. I was amazed of the good condition of that mosaic and such a large excavation. Thanks for sharing that.

    ReplyDelete