Wednesday, September 30, 2020

I Like #183


 Hello again friends,  I didn't manage to take pictures of very many things this week but here are a few things to like and share!

The dahlias!  Always new pictures of the dahlias this time of year.  We had a big bad windstorm over the weekend though and everyone is looking a little battered, but I got out and staked them up again today and there were only a few stalks that were broken.




The pups!  I don't know why Blue has to stand right on top of Bentley, but apparently he does.  No body awareness at all.  Sigh.  Lots of wonderful snuggles from them both though.






Mike came down this week and took some new pictures of my old dinosaur quilt from 2012.  I decided to enter him (his name is Seymour) into a show and realized that all my pictures from way back then were really terrible.  And of course Mike takes good pictures so it works out well.  It's a back/front quilt and you can read all about him here or here for anyone who may not remember from way back then.








Also this week while on Needle N Thread  I read a post on a fantastic auction of 17th century beadwork and embroidery that's coming up.  If you click through to the Needle n Thread post, you can see lots of great information about the auction and pieces, and you can click here to see all the pieces.  It is so so cool to browse through art by people who loved fiber art as much as we do but many hundreds of years back!


I hope everyone is finding some things to like and that the skies are clearing some for our CO/AZ/CA/OR friends.  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!


5 comments:

  1. Wow, your dinosaur quilt is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dahlias are always so pretty - you've had a good year with them! Love the dinosaur quilt, too. Will it be hung so people can see both back and front?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool stuff! I always love your dahlias. I remember Seymour's original post from years ago! Has it really been that long?!? That old beadwork is cool. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you could rescue some of your dahlias. Love your dino quilt.....um I love the southwest so the backside is my favorite. The beadwork is lovely. Now off to waste some time perusing other's work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your artwork, and dahlias and Blue... don't hover!

    ReplyDelete