Thursday, April 1, 2021

I Like #207

Welcome to another week of things to like!


I love artist Jennifer Mohr's paintings of the prairie.  She really captures the beauty in what a lot of folks would think was empty and boring.


I also discovered these beautiful bonsai treehouses by animator Dave Creek this week.  So  really cool and intricate.  It makes me think about my Grandpa Kit and the detailed model ships he built.

Dave Creek Bonsai Treehouse



Last week my crabapple tree buds were just starting to open and this week its in full bloom.  So beautiful, I love seeing it when I pull into my driveway.  And not only does it look gorgeous it smells fantastic too.  Yum.





I spent most of the weekend in the backyard.  I dug out and expanded my one existing flowerbed to account for a new fence I'm building, and then I dug out and built a new raised bed.  My hope is that with the new fence I can keep spooky out of the beds but we'll see.  It was  a lot of digging and I still need some more soil and compost, but I hope I can grow lots of nice flowers!



The pups were not much help with the gardening and digging (an understatement for sure) but they occasionally took a break from being right underneath my shovel to play on the back porch.


Sadly, Spooky got hold of one of my favorite sewing tools- the Alex Anderson tool and ate it up.  I'm aggravated about that, but of course love him all the same.







I hope everyone is having a good week!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!




4 comments:

  1. It’s April, but Spring hasn’t sprung here in NE WYOMING yet! Warmer but no crabapples blooming! In the 70 this weekend, so soon we will see trees leafing out and grass greening up. I too need to rework my raised beds. Thanks for the lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your crabapple tree looks very Spring-y! It also looks like your new raised bed will work great. I do hope you can keep Spooky out of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those mini tree houses are incredible! I like the raised garden. I'll be trying to make one of those this year. What sized boards did you use and how big is it? It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing up in South Dakota, I love a long prairie view. I'm going to check out more of her work. Those crab apple blossoms are so pretty! Spooky sure made quick work of that tool (I use mine all the time)!

    ReplyDelete