Thursday, January 20, 2022

I Like #241

 Welcome to another week of things to like! 


It's been a bit brown and dreary here lately and quite cold going into this upcoming weekend.  But there are still lots of things to like.

I started working on a new quilt.  It's going to feature box elder bugs and I'm really excited.  Their legs are really finicky, but I'm having fun.


I made a new cannoli-inspired pound cake this week.  The recipe had chocolate chips, lemon and orange peel, and ricotta cheese.  It tasted good, but I don't think the baking instructions are quite right, I followed them closely and the outside was overdone tough and almost burnt while the middle was still way undercooked.


I made a few little doodahs this weekend to donate to the Fiber Arts Fiesta in Albuquerque.  SAQA NM is one of the participating groups and members make little items for their fundraising booth.  People buy the items for a 5$ donation to whatever charity the Fiesta is supporting that year.  This year I believe it's one of the big food banks.  I made three of these little keychain/card cases to send in.  It was a fun little project.



I used to hang my scissors from nails at the end of my work bench, but once the kids got big enough to reach them I had to take them down.  And once the kids got big enough to not harm themselves, Spooky was there to run away with them.  So after having piles of scissors and cutting implements moving around from table to table, I finally got a magnetic tool rack to hang them on.  It works great; I did buy on that was designed to go in a garage to hang tools (rather than knives) because I read a few reviews mentioning that some of the knife ones weren't quite strong enough to hold up scissors (which have less surface area to attach than knives.  Anyway, it's really great.


The pups are all good.  Spooky never wants me to focus at my desk....




And finally I blogged about this year's Christmas crafts!  Click here to see more about that.



Hope you guys are having a good week! Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!

3 comments:

  1. Those bugs look great. Mmm... cannoli pound cake sounds yummy. I love Blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I own that same fold shut desk. It w was my in laws originally.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spooky is adorable! Your bugs look awesome! Sorry about the cake :( I would do a net search to see if there is a better recipe online. Have a safe and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete