Thursday, March 17, 2022

I Like #249

 Welcome to another week of things to like!


I love my microscope at work.  I had been seeing all these little tiny black-red flecks around my houseplants and was so worried I had some sort of pest, so I gathered them up and looked at them under the scope and determined they're just woodsorrel seeds.  The woodsorrel grows in some of my house plants, sometimes I let it grow and sometimes I pull it out.  Regardless, I'm glad it wasn't bugs!


Blue and Spooky would like to play!


On Sunday I made a quick day trip to Dallas, in the late afternoon I had to go to the Dallas Quilt Show both to see the show and to pick up my quilts, and I spent the morning visiting Becky and her family.  Auto was very concerned and kept sniffing around trying to find Spooky (I left my dogs at home).


I think Checker just thought I had a treat.


The Guinea Pig did not care about Spooky- she just wanted a lettuc.


There were tons of wonderful quilts at the show, both traditional and art quilts.  I just thought I'd share a couple of favorites.  This piece "Summary" is by my friend Deborah Boschert, I found it so balanced and calming.

Summary by Deborah Boschert


I always love to see Andrea Brokenshire's exquisite painted flowers, I swear they get more beautiful every time I see one.



I fell in love with this beautiful and subtle landscape by Linda Creagh,  the trees are laser cut with really beautiful texture and detail and I love the gorgeous light colors in the background creating the skyline with paint and thread on silk.







I took my lab members out to lunch this week for to celebrate one of my students passing her general exam.


And it's always best to close the way you open, with Blue and Spooky.



All in all, it was a week filled with blessings amid the ongoing chaos and war in the world.  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts, and a happy visit with family make a great week! Looks like you have a nice group of co-workers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous quilts thanks for sharing....I am especially fond of the one that looks like a rhododendron. But the skyline one too is awesome. The boys look happy, and healthy, if not a wee bit put out with you at times. How fun to be able to go out with the crew from work. I had to look up wood sorrel, because occasionally my plants will grow mushrooms or some sort of fungus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those quilts are beautiful. I love a piggy with sticky-uppy ears! Such pretty puppy faces. :-)

    ReplyDelete