Thursday, March 24, 2022

I Like #250

 Welcome to another week of things to like.  

I received an exciting pack of dahlia seeds last year when I bought the outstanding and beautiful Discovering Dahlia book from Floret Flowers but I didn't get around to planting them last year.  I decided to try them this year, but immediately after getting the seeds planted I dropped the seed tray and it splatted all over the floor.  I was so so sad! I swept it all up and put it back in the seed tray hoping that maybe a few would still sprout.




And now a few days later, I'm so excited, I have two little sprouts!  I'm keeping my fingers crossed they will keep growing!


Also on the garden front, I built a new raised garden bed this week to replace an old in-ground bed that was always overgrown.  Still too cold to plant outside, but I'll be ready.  We had a major major rainstorm this week (my friend got 2.9" in one day at his house) so right now my backyard is pretty much underwater.





Spooky and Blue are doing well, as weird and loveable as ever.



I saw this on instagram this week and it made me laugh.  I guess we've been loving, complaining about, and documenting the headache-inducing foibles of our pups since antiquity.  Instead of 3000 phone pics of what the dog damaged, one mosaic!

I shipped of my smocked art quilt Cloud Rim: Summer 1991 this week.  It's going to the show Evolutions at Rocky Mountain Quilt Museum which opens April 18 in Golden CO.  Stop by and see it if you're in the area.  I'm very excited because not only do my mom and I both have pieces in it, my friend and fellow cell biologist Kathy Suprenant has a solo show at the museum at the same time!



It was nice and warm this weekend and I got to go walking with a good friend of mine I hadn't seen in a while.  We walked in a part of Norman I hadn't explored and there are all of these wonderful historical exhibits, including several of these bronze scale models of Norman at various times throughout history.  They are super detailed and super cool!  So glad she introduced me to the area!



She's also a reading friend and introduced me to some new science fiction,  the new book I read this week is Infomocracy.  I really enjoyed it (sort of a near future sci-fi mystery) and am looking forward to reading the next two in the series.




I hope everyone is hanging in there!  For more things to like, click over to LeeAnna's!





3 comments:

  1. We had crazy storms yesterday that dumped a ton of water too. Here's hoping more seedlings appear. Love the mosaic with the broken vase and dog. LOL Hope some of our other blogger friends can visit your quilt show in Boulder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for sprouts! Wow, you are underwater. Congrats on the quilt in the museum! How cool is that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that is a lot of rain! We need it so badly here!! Good to see your dahlias have a couple of sprouts. They just may make it!! Your art piece is amazing. It would be fun to see it. I wish I lived closer. And I wish I didn't hate driving in Colorado!

    ReplyDelete