Thursday, March 31, 2022

I Like #251

 Welcome to another week of things to like!


Lots of dogs this week as always.  My sister gave me a bunch of big foam chunks from her old latex mattress we cut up and I finally got around to making another cover for one of them to be a new dog bed for the studio.  Very thick and cushy.


Of course not nearly as cushy and warm as my bed; I usually try to get it made before they can roll into the sheets, but I failed this morning.


I had my first flower come up in my garden this week.  Sadly, even though I have no objections to dandelions in my yard, I didn't want it in my garden bed so I pulled it up.  The roots were like carrots!



Cash came over this week to play with Spooky.




And I made a run to the Norman Compost facility and filled up dog food sacks and crates with compost for my new garden bed.  It's not quite full but getting closer.  Unfortunately now I'm sore, but it's worth it if I can have good stuff in the garden.  After several warm days it's cooled off again, hopefully we won't get a hard freeze.  I love the cool weather in spring.



I also found a good new podcast this week, it's called Cautionary Tales by Tim Hartford.  It's been very thought provoking thus far!


I hope there is good in your week!  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!

2 comments:

  1. What an awesome idea for the use of an old foam mattress. The boys look so comfy in your bed though. We have been so cold, that we are kind of late for any blooms this year. LOL your compost, I recently saw a business that takes your body after you have passed and compost you. It makes approximately 400 lbs of compost, and takes about 60 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are some serious dandelion roots! That's a lot of compost. How wonderful to be able to pick it up like that. The human bed is always best! LOL

    ReplyDelete