Wednesday, September 27, 2023

Seed Heads 2-Finished

 Earlier this week I started sharing about a new pom pom piece, and today I'm back to share the final piece.  The final piece, called Seed Pods #2, is 54" x 35" x 3".  It hangs from a regular pocket but I had to use a thicker than usual slat and also stitch a pocket for half a pool noodle along the bottom of the quilt so that it didn't flop weirdly because of the depth of the pom poms.  The pom poms stick out half on the back and half on the front.  They aren't stitched in, just pushed through the small holes I cut in the quilt.  They are quite secure and can be adjusted if needed.

The piece used only five colors of yarn to make the gradient, yellow, purple, teal, grey and pink.  Making the pom pom gradient was the next part!  It's called Seed Heads 2 because it reminds me of dandelion seed heads.

Seed Heads 2, c. 2023 Shannon Conley






This was a super fun color blending project, and I look forward to thinking of other things to do with all this wonderful yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment