Wednesday, September 20, 2023

Vining: Finished

 Earlier this week I shared about a smocked quilt I'd made as a demo for The Quilt Show that I hadn't really liked in the end.  After taking out the smocking stitches and overpainting, I re-smocked, and here's the finished piece!

The final piece is 42" x 24" x 3".  The original squared up finished quilt was 55" high by 41" wide to give an idea how much is sucked up by the smocking.  I used a 2.75" grid for this one and I think it worked out fine.  

Seed pods #2, 3D art quilt, green, teal, and yellow with undulating folds.
Vining, c. Shannon Conley, 2023 

Here are a few deatails.  I always love the undulating folds in these pieces.







I'm very pleased with the way this one worked out, and I'm definitely glad I took it apart and overpainted, I like the colors much more now.


1 comment:

  1. Love the colors on this. Those smocked quilts are really cool.

    ReplyDelete