Monday, April 13, 2020

Baby Quilt for Priya

A friend of mine from work is having a baby imminently and at the beginning of March we had a baby shower for her right before everything shut down.  Unfortunately I forgot about it until two days before so I was on a tight turnaround for making a quilt!  I've really been on a no-fabric-buying track for the past couple of years, but the tight time frame was enough that I felt ok going to get a pre-printed panel from JoAnns.  This one was designed to be made into a fabric book or pillows or something, but I just cut out the squares and bordered them with things from my stash.  Quick and easy!







All four blocks are adorable, but I think my favorite is the one with the turtle and hedgehog. The baby is a girl, and I thought it was a good balance of pink but not PINK.  I pray for the safety of Priya and her baby as she's born during this chaotic time!



And using the panels also reminded me of the pre-printed panel quilt I made when Anna was born.  It's so weird to think about,  we didn't know her back then (she wasn't born yet of course), and we called her the animal cracker.  She turned 8 last week (we sang happy birthday on Zoom), and I can't imagine not having her in my life. 


This one for Anna was another from my panel+scrap stash, and that binding has neon frogs and was made out of my college dorm curtains.


2 comments:

  1. The quilt is adorable. I like the background quilting you did--may have to borrow the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That quilt is fantastic and your quilting is spectacular! I love that deer panel. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete