Thursday, April 9, 2020

I Like #159



I've been really loving the Alexa 70s Folk and Gordon Lightfoot playlists.  Really a fun selection of music.  I like that Alexa knows enough of my tastes to generally pick things I like when I ask her to play music!  Great for singing along, reminds me of being a kid.

I've been walking in my neighborhood with the dogs every afternoon when I finish work.  I'm super lucky that my neighborhood isn't super crowded with people out (though more than normal), so we can easily stay well over six feet away from people.  I'm really struggling with Easter and Holy Week this year, so it made me very happy to see these people (and several more) in the neightborhood who decorated their mailboxes for Easter!


The pups are good!  Bentley has discovered the under-counter snuggle spot now as well.  I think he likes it because it's easy to get to.  that's cotton batting (covered of course) they're sitting on, but I think I need to move it and just put a dog bed under there.  Even covered I worry the batting will get dirty.



Blue unfortunately discovered my zucchini snickerdoodle bread.  Argh!


I love having random sewing supplies in my studio!  Over the years I've inherited tons of random stuff, this week of great benefit was a roll of 40 yards of bias strip (thank goodness for my little $2 bias folder) and about 6 packs of bias binding tape.  I never had a use for any of it before, but this week with the revised CDC recommendations, lots more entities here have been requesting masks, so I made two dozen for the OKC Fire Department as well as a handful for me and my friends.  






I finished (and blogged about!) my jellyroll socks this week.  It was a really fun knitting project that used up a bunch of leftover yarn (yay!).  Click here to see more about that project.


I also blogged about another in my series of kirigami quilts,  here's a closeup, for more, check out the posts here, and here.



I hope you all are staying in and staying safe.  Click over to LeeAnna's for more things to like!


6 comments:

  1. What a great list Shannon!!! Let's see, the pups first, that is a snug happy little hidey hole for Bentley, near Mama. I wonder if Blue pulled a Tom Sawyer on him, saying it's so much fun under here, lucky it's all mine... so he could get the easy chair for a bit. Love the chalk on the mailbox bricks! Love that you collect supplies like I do, I seldom turn down a free sewing item knowing I'll use it one day, and you have found a terrific use for it! I cannot seem to fit dh's small cranium with a mask and mine look kind of like your pattern. They fit me. Do you think we should continue with zoom this weekend or wait another week and revisit it then? LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful of you to make all of these great masks! Thank you SO much for doing that! Love the pups...what a life! Stay healthy! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your socks are bright and happy, Shannon! Zucchini snickerdoodle bread sounds yummy - but not for Blue... Your pile of masks is impressive, and I know will be so appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are keeping busy, Shannon. If the bread is anything like snickerdoodle cookies, then it is good. I love the eclectic and comfy look of your studio...just the spot for a creative soul like you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your socks are awesome. Oops obviously the bread was too hard of a temptation to resist for Blue. Yay for walks with the puppers and lots of supplies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the chalk colors on the mailbox. Oh, there goes the zucchini bread! Your quilts are so wild. Love them!

    ReplyDelete