Thursday, April 23, 2020

I Like #161

Welcome to another week of things to like, circumscribed by my local environs!


My dahlias have started to sprout!  Not all of them are up, but enough that I'm confident we'll have some this year.  After I planted them we had three more late freezes so I was worried.  The dahlia is the sprout in the middle of the sack there.  Those are a few petunias I bedded near the edge.

My begonia is blooming like crazy!  I'm so excited I haven't killed this one yet!  It's in kind of a small pot, but I'm really hesitant to disturb it since it seems to be going gangbusters right now.

I worked some more on my quilt that the animals are going into.  This small vignette features my cat Sam and my sister's two pet rats Silky and Puffy (I couldn't help including them).  I'm about to start quilting this project, and I've been pleased to make progress on it.



 I saw this giant pillbug worm thing while walking the dogs yesterday and it made me laugh!  It's actually some sort of inflatable thing you put over your car to protect from hail (which was expected but didn't arrive yesterday), but I've never seen anything like it before!


I love this pot!  It's been by far my most used pot for all the years when I lived by myself, and especially in the last couple of months.  It's small, so no good for cooking for multiple people but I love it.  My mom gave it to me when I got my first apartment 20 years ago I guess because she didn't use it as much as some of her others.  I don't use it as a double boiler, but it's great to have two pots that nest and use the same lid.  And it fits my vegetable steamer perfectly.



I love the pups!  I can't believe Bentley is comfortable like this, but who knows!




I love old pictures!  I have a box of miscellaneous (REALLY miscellaneous) pictures from my mother that I will digitize at some point, but in digging through it for something I didn't find the other day, I found this cute family picture.  It was taken about six months before my sister was born when I was about 20 months old.  




I blogged about another finished kirigami quilt this week, see it here and here!


I hope everyone is staying safe and had some things to like this week!  Click over to Lee Anna's to see more!

7 comments:

  1. LOVE the pictures! Bentley with his tongue out, the one of you wearing red socks and mama proudly beaming at you, cozy pups taking up real estate. That car snuggy is unbelievable. I'm totally surprised I haven't seen those around here because despite having garages in this 'hood, people park outside in hail storms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Kirigami Creepy Crawlies - so cool! Your creativity with fabric and thread always amazes me, Shannon! Your double decker pot looks so useful - a keeper, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those cut quilts are just so WILD! That hail protector is silly looking - never seen anything like that before. I used to have a double boiler like that - loved it, too. What fun to find old photos like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never seen that car protection thing, how odd. Having had a car destroyed by hail, I'd probably use if the threat was real. Your flowers are really going to town! Love the pic of you and those little red knee high socks! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kirigami quilt is awesome! I like that 3-D effect. Oooh-la-la.
    I sowed dahlia seeds 8 days or so. Yesterday I thought I saw sprouts. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How to pay on Bitpay through Bitcoin in Binance

    Do you want to pay on bitpay through Bitcoin in Binance? Do you know the process or steps of
    doing it? Do you know how to pay in Binance? Well, you can easily ask for the assistance from the
    professionals by calling on the Binance customer support number and the professionals will tell you
    the procedure in plain-sailing manner for better understanding. Their job is to help the users in their
    hard times and fix their issues or glitches. The customer care will guide you every solution in step
    wise manner and help you at every step. So, immediately call to customer care if you encounter any
    serious issue.
    Click for more info: https://www.cryptophonesupport.com/exchange/binance/

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK my thought on the car protection thing...um you have a garage. Clean it out! I am envious that you have flowers growing. We are finally starting to warm up a bit.

    ReplyDelete